What is the Players' Cup?
The Atlanta Chapter started this competition in 2009 to recognize and reward participation in EWGAtlanta activities. Members compete all season (Kickoff to October 31), earning points for actively participating in the chapter.
What do I win?
Prizes are awarded at the end-of-season Players' Cup Party for the 10 members with the most points.
How do I earn points?
Points accrue as you participate in any of the activities listed below.
- Participate in a weekly play round (1 point for each round)
- Serve as weekly play coordinator (2 points for the season)
- Participating in a monthly event as either a player or volunteer (2 points). A member who plays in the monthly event and volunteers receives 3 points. A member who participates in an education session associated with a monthly event instead of playing receives 2 points.
- Winning 1st Place in a monthly event, either in stroke play or as part of a scramble team (2 points)
- Winning 2nd place in a monthly event or a Championship, either in stroke play or as part of a scramble team (1 point)
- Attend the season kick-off party (5 points)
- Participate in the Chapter Championship (for all members with handicaps of 40.4 or less) (5 points). Volunteers at the event receive 1 point.
- Participate in the EWGA Championship (for all members with handicaps of 40.4 or less) (5 points). Volunteers at the event receive 1 point.
- Participate in the Triple Crown Championship (for high handicaps with an average score of 100%) (5 points). Volunteers at the event receive 1 point.
- Participate in a weekend trip, challenge, or outing including the Atlanta/Birmingham Challenge, Dixie Cup, Empower Conference (2 points)
- Attend a sponsor-hosted event (2 points)
- Attend a New Member Information Party (2 points)
- Participating in a golf education session prior to a monthly event (1 point)
- Participating in a clinic or player development program (1 point)
- Establish a handicap in the EWGA handicap system (for new or existing members with no handicap) (2 points)
- Serve as a mentor for a new member (3 points for each mentee mentored)
- Volunteer for any event or committee (1 point)
- Recruit a new member (3 points for each new member recruited)
- Get a hole-in-one at any monthly or weekly play event (5 points)
- One point for each match played.
If you have any questions, please contact Cindi Aldrich at email@example.com.