The event format is a two-person Best Ball (Four-Ball stroke play). Each player plays his/her own ball the entire hole. The lower of the two scores is the team score for the hole.
Gross and Net Divisions:
The event scoring allows for both a Gross and Net Division. Teams must declare which of the two divisions they would like to compete in upon registration. To compete in the Net Division, each team participant must provide a verifiable USGA Handicap. An adjusted Handicap Index will be used to calculate the course handicap for players in the Net Division (25% for men and 30% for women).
- Entries are open to all EWGA members (or non-members) who:
- Are female or male amateur golfers
- Have a verifiable USGA Handicap Index if playing in the Net Division
- Teams can be comprised of two women or one man/one woman
- Active PGA/LPGA Professionals or other golf Professionals are not eligible to play
- Registration deadline is 15 days prior to the scheduled event date
Players registering to play in the Net Division must have an established USGA Handicap Index and have an equivalent of two (2) 18-hole scores posted to their handicap record in the past 12-months. Players with fewer than the minimum requirements posted will not be eligible to compete in the Net Division.
EWGA Par 3 Challenge benefits LPGA*USGA Girls Golf:
Chapter participants in the EWGA Par 3 Challenge event will have $10 from each player registration fee donated to LPGA*USGA Girls Golf. (This is in addition to the player green fee, food, awards, expenses, etc.)